Hospitality Marketing Consultants LLC (1201 Dove Street, Suite 370, Newport Beach, CA 92660, USA, Tel: 949-833-8000) provides this web site or mobile app and all site-related services (collectively, the “Services”) subject to your compliance with the terms and conditions set forth in this agreement (the “Agreement”). This Agreement governs the relationship between Company (“HMC”) and you, the Services visitor and/or member (“you”) with respect to your use of the Services. It is important that you read carefully and understand the terms and conditions of this Agreement. By using the Services, you agree to be bound by this Agreement. If you do not agree to these terms and conditions, please do not use the Services.
We reserve the right at any time to:
- Change the terms and conditions of this Agreement;
- Change the Services, including eliminating or discontinuing any content on or feature of the Services; or
- Change our policies regarding fees or charges for use of the Services.
Any changes we make will be effective immediately upon notice, which we may provide by means including, without limitation, posting on the Services. Your continued use of the Services after such notice will be deemed acceptance of such changes. Be sure to return to this page periodically to ensure familiarity with the most current version of this Agreement. Upon our request, you agree to sign a non-electronic version of this Agreement. You may download and print a copy of this Agreement.
- Materials. The information and materials provided through the Services, including any data, text, graphics, images, audio and video clips, logos, icons, software and links (collectively, the “Materials”), are intended to educate and inform you about the Company’s various Services. The Materials remain the property of Company or its licensors or suppliers, including but not limited to the participating hotels. Use of Materials is conditioned on acceptance of the terms and conditions of any license agreements relating to such Materials, including this Agreement and agreements of third parties. By using the Materials, you agree to such terms and conditions. You may not download, copy or use any of the Materials except as expressly authorized by this Agreement and, in any event, you may not distribute, modify, transmit or publicly display the Materials without the written consent of Company or, if so indicated in writing by Company, its licensors or suppliers.
- Registration. Some areas of the Services may require you to be or become an HMC Services member. When and if you register to become a member, you agree to (a) provide accurate, current and complete information about yourself as prompted by our registration form (including your email address) and (b) maintain and update your information (including your email address) to keep it accurate, current and complete. You acknowledge that, if any information provided by you is untrue, inaccurate, not current or incomplete, we reserve the right to terminate this Agreement and your use of the Services.
As part of the registration process, you will be asked to select a username and password. We may refuse to grant you a username that impersonates someone else, is or may be illegal, is or may be protected by trademark or other proprietary rights law, is vulgar or otherwise offensive, or may cause confusion, as determined by us in our sole discretion. You will be responsible for the confidentiality and use of your username and password and agree not to transfer or resell your use of or access to the Services to any third party. If you have reason to believe that your account with us is no longer secure, you must promptly change your password and immediately notify us of the problem by contacting us through the various means offered by the HMC Service you are using.
YOU ARE ENTIRELY RESPONSIBLE FOR MAINTAINING THE CONFIDENTIALITY OF YOUR USERNAME AND PASSWORD AND FOR ANY AND ALL ACTIVITIES (INCLUDING PURCHASES, AS APPLICABLE) THAT ARE CONDUCTED THROUGH YOUR ACCOUNT.
- Code of Conduct. While using the Services and/or Materials, you agree not to:
a. Restrict or inhibit any other visitor or member from using the Services, including, without limitation, by means of “hacking” or defacing any portion of the Services;
b. Use the Services or Materials for any unlawful purpose;
c. Express or imply that any statements you make are endorsed by us, without our prior written consent;
d. Transmit (a) any content or information that is unlawful, fraudulent, threatening, abusive, libelous, defamatory, obscene or otherwise objectionable, or infringes our or any third party’s intellectual property or other rights; (b) any material, non-public information about companies without the authorization to do so; © any trade secret of any third party; or (d) any advertisements, solicitations, chain letters, pyramid schemes, investment opportunities or other unsolicited commercial communication (except as otherwise expressly permitted by us),
e. Engage in spamming or flooding;
f. Transmit any software or other materials that contain any viruses, worms, trojan horses, defects, date bombs, time bombs or other items of a destructive nature;
g. Modify, adapt, sub-license, translate, sell, reverse engineer, decompile or disassemble any portion of the Services;
h. Remove any copyright, trademark or other proprietary rights notices contained in the Services or Materials;
i. “Frame” or “mirror” any part of the Services without our prior written authorization;
j. Use any robot, spider, site search/retrieval application or other manual or automatic device or process to retrieve, index, “data mine” or in any way reproduce or circumvent the navigational structure or presentation of the Services or its contents; or
k. Harvest or collect information about Services visitors or members without their express consent.
While using the Services and/or Materials, you agree to comply with all applicable laws, rules and regulations. We reserve the right to disable your access to the Services and to remove any content you may have stored on. the Services without further notice if you do not comply with the requirements stipulated in this Agreement.
Descriptions or images of, or references to, products or services on the Services do not imply Company’s endorsement of such products or services. We reserve the right, without prior notification, to change such descriptions or references, to limit the order quantity on any product or service and/or to refuse service to you. Verification of information applicable to a purchase may be required prior to Company’s acceptance of any order. Price and availability of any product or service are subject to change without notice.
- Information Provided by Company. Although Company strives to provide Materials that are both useful and accurate, laws, regulations, data and other information change frequently and are subject to varying interpretations. In addition, the facts and circumstances of every situation differ. Accordingly, although Company endeavors to use reasonable care in assembling the Materials, the Materials may not be up-to-date, accurate or complete.
In addition, portions of the Materials have been contributed to the Services by various industry specialists and service providers. The inclusion of such information does not indicate any approval or endorsement of such providers, and Company expressly disclaims any liability with respect to the foregoing.
Company hopes and believes that the Materials will be helpful as background reference, but they should not be construed as legal, accounting or other professional advice on any subject matter. Company has endeavored to comply with legal and ethical requirements known to the Company personnel who compiled this Services, but Company is not engaged in rendering legal, accounting or other professional services, and availability or use of the Materials is not intended to create, and does not create, any attorney-client, accounting-client or other professional services relationship. Use of the Materials is not an adequate substitute for obtaining legal, accounting or other professional advice from a licensed provider in your jurisdiction. You agree you will not act or refrain from acting based on any of the Materials without first seeking the services of a competent professional.
- Submissions and Postings. Please note that, because we and our designees host message boards and other forums found on the Services (collectively, the “Forums”) and, therefore, redistribute materials you give to us, we require certain rights in those materials Accordingly, by sending or transmitting to us creative suggestions, ideas, notes, concepts, information or other materials (collectively, “Submissions”), or by posting such Submissions to any area of the Services, you grant us and our designees a worldwide, non-exclusive, sublicenseable (through multiple tiers), assignable, royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable right to use, reproduce, distribute (through multiple tiers), create derivative works of, publicly perform, publicly display, digitally perform, make, have made, sell, offer for sale and import such Submissions in any media now known or hereafter developed, for any purpose whatsoever, commercial or otherwise, without compensation to the provider of the Submissions. None of the Submissions will be subject to any obligation, whether of confidentiality, attribution or otherwise, on our part and we will not be liable for any use or disclosure of any Submissions.
- Forums. Our Forums are designed to enhance customer service and experiences with the Service, allow customers to provide hotel reviews, and provide other information. Information on our Forums is provided by our staff and other contributors, some of whom use anonymous screen names and are people not otherwise connected with Company. You acknowledge that a large volume of information is available in our Forums and that people participating in such Forums occasionally post messages or make statements, whether intentionally or unintentionally, that are inaccurate, misleading or deceptive. We neither endorse nor are responsible for such messages or statements, or for any opinion, advice, information or other utterance made or displayed on the Services or Forums by third parties, whether such third parties are visitors to the Services, members of the Company community or others. The opinions expressed in the Forums reflect solely the opinion(s) of the participants and may not reflect the opinion(s) of Company. We are not responsible for any errors or omissions in articles or postings, for hyperlinks embedded in messages or for any results obtained from the use of such information. We cannot and will not review messages, statements, or other content which may be generated or posted on the Forum. Under no circumstances will we or our affiliates, suppliers or agents be responsible or liable for any loss or damage caused by your reliance on such information obtained through the Services.
We have no obligation to monitor the Services or the Forums, or any Submissions or other materials that you or other third parties transmit or post on the Services or the Forums. You acknowledge and agree that we have the right (but not the obligation) to monitor the Services and the Forums and the materials you transmit or post; to alter or remove any such materials (including, without limitation, any posting to a Forum); to disclose such materials and the circumstances surrounding their transmission to any third party in order to operate the Services properly; to protect ourselves, our sponsors and our members and visitors; and to comply with legal obligations or governmental requests.
- Claims of Copyright Infringement. The Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998 (the “DMCA”) provides recourse for copyright owners who believe that material appearing on the Internet infringes their rights under U.S. copyright law. If you believe in good faith that materials hosted by Company infringe your copyright, you (or your agent) may send us a notice requesting that the material be removed, or access to it blocked. The notice must include the following information: (a) a physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed; (b) identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed (or if multiple copyrighted works located on the Services are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works); © identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or the subject of infringing activity, and information reasonably sufficient to allow Company to locate the material on the Services; (d) the name, address, telephone number and email address (if available) of the complaining party; (e) a statement that the complaining party has a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent or the law; and (f) a statement that the information in the notification is accurate and, under penalty of perjury, that the complaining party is authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed. If you believe in good faith that a notice of copyright infringement has been wrongly filed by Company against you, the DMCA permits you to send Company a counter-notice. Notices and counter-notices must meet the then-current statutory requirements imposed by the DMCA; see http://www.loc.gov/copyright/ for details. Be aware that there can be penalties for false claims under the DMCA.
- Ownership and Restrictions on Use. The Services is owned and operated by Company in conjunction with others pursuant to contractual arrangements, and the Materials (and any intellectual property and other rights relating thereto) are and will remain the property of Company and its licensors and suppliers. The Materials and the selection, compilation, collection, arrangement and assembly thereof are protected by U.S. and international copyright, trademark and other laws, and you acknowledge that these rights are valid and enforceable. You may not copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute Materials or other content or information available on or through the Services in any way without our prior written permission. The Materials may be used solely to the extent necessary for your authorized use of the Services, as provided in this Agreement or as expressly authorized in writing by Company or, if so indicated in writing by Company, its licensors or suppliers. Modification of the Materials or use of the Materials for any other purpose is a violation of our copyright and other proprietary rights and is strictly prohibited. You acknowledge that you do not acquire any ownership rights by using the Services or the Materials.
The trademarks, logos, and service marks displayed on the Services (collectively the “Trademarks”) are the registered and unregistered trademarks of Company, Company’s licensors and suppliers, and others. The Trademarks owned by Company, whether registered or unregistered, may not be used in connection with any product or service that is not Company’s, in any manner that is likely to cause confusion with customers, or in any manner that disparages Company. Nothing contained on the Services should be construed as granting, by implication, estoppel or otherwise, any license or right to use any Trademark without the express written permission of Company, Company’s licensors or suppliers, or the third-party owner of any such Trademark. Misuse of any Trademarks is prohibited, and Company will aggressively enforce its intellectual property rights in such Trademarks, including via civil and criminal proceedings.
- Access By Minors. Pursuant to 47 U.S.C. Section 230 (d), as amended, we hereby notify you that parental control protections (such as computer hardware, software or filtering services) are commercially available that may assist you in limiting access to material that is harmful to minors. Information identifying current providers of such protections is available at the web sites of the Electronic Frontier Foundation (http://www.eff/org/pub/Censorship/Ratings_filters_labelling/) and of America Links Up (http://www.netparents.org/parentstips/browsers.html).
- Jurisdictional Issues. The Services is operated from the United States and the products and/or services described in and available through the Services may not be available in your country or region. We make no representation that products, services or Materials available on or through the Services are appropriate or available for use in any particular location. Those who choose to access the Services do so on their own initiative and at their own risk, and are responsible for compliance with local laws, if and to the extent local laws are applicable. If use of the Services and/or viewing or use of any Material, service or product offered violates or infringes any applicable law in your jurisdiction, you are not authorized to view the Services and must exit immediately. Your viewing and/or use of the Services constitutes your representation that you are unconditionally and without limitation permitted to view and use the Services, and we rely upon such representation.
We reserve the right to limit the availability of the Services and/or the provision of any service or product to any person, geographic area or jurisdiction, at any time and in our sole discretion, and to limit the quantities of any such service or product that we provide.
- Termination. This Agreement shall remain effective until terminated in accordance with its terms. Either party may terminate this Agreement immediately upon notice to the other party. In addition, we reserve the right to immediately terminate this Agreement, and/or your access to and use of the Services or any portion thereof, at any time and for any reason, with or without cause. Upon termination of this Agreement by either party, your right to use the Services shall immediately cease, and you shall destroy all Materials obtained from the Services and all copies thereof, whether made under the terms of this Agreement or otherwise.
- Disclaimers. THE SITE, THE MATERIALS ON THE SITE, ANY PRODUCT OR SERVICE OBTAINED THROUGH THE SITE IS PROVIDED “AS IS” AND WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMISSIBLE PURSUANT TO APPLICABLE LAW, COMPANY AND ITS AFFILIATES, LICENSORS, SUPPLIERS, ADVERTISERS, SPONSORS AND AGENTS DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF TITLE, NON-INFRINGEMENT, ACCURACY, MERCHANTABILITY, AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND ANY WARRANTIES THAT MAY ARISE FROM COURSE OF DEALING, COURSE OF PERFORMANCE OR USAGE OF TRADE. Applicable law may not allow the exclusion of implied warranties, so the above exclusions may not apply to you. COMPANY AND ITS AFFILIATES, LICENSORS, SUPPLIERS, ADVERTISERS, SPONSORS AND AGENTS DO NOT WARRANT THAT YOUR USE OF THE SITE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, ERROR-FREE OR SECURE, THAT DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED, OR THAT THE SITE, THE SERVER(S) ON WHICH THE SITE IS HOSTED IS FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS. YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR OBTAINING AND MAINTAINING ALL TELEPHONE, COMPUTER HARDWARE AND OTHER EQUIPMENT NEEDED TO ACCESS AND USE THE SITE, AND ALL CHARGES RELATED THERETO. YOU ASSUME ALL RESPONSIBILITY AND RISK FOR YOUR USE OF THE SITE AND YOUR RELIANCE THEREON. NO OPINION, ADVICE OR STATEMENT OF COMPANY OR ITS AFFILIATES, LICENSORS, SUPPLIERS, ADVERTISERS, SPONSORS, AGENTS, MEMBERS OR VISITORS, WHETHER MADE ON THE SITE OR OTHERWISE, SHALL CREATE ANY WARRANTY. YOUR USE OF THE SITE AND ANY MATERIALS PROVIDED THROUGH THE SITE ARE ENTIRELY AT YOUR OWN RISK.
- Limitation of Liability. NEITHER COMPANY NOR ANY OF OUR AFFILIATES, LICENSORS, SUPPLIERS, ADVERTISERS OR SPONSORS, NOR OUR OR THEIR DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, CONSULTANTS, AGENTS OR OTHER REPRESENTATIVES, ARE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, PUNITIVE OR OTHER DAMAGES (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF BUSINESS, LOSS OF DATA OR LOST PROFITS), UNDER ANY CONTRACT, NEGLIGENCE, STRICT LIABILITY OR OTHER THEORY ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING IN ANY WAY TO THE SITE AND/OR MATERIALS CONTAINED ON THE SITE, ANY LINKED SITE OR ANY PRODUCT OR SERVICE PURCHASED THROUGH THE SITE. YOUR SOLE REMEDY FOR DISSATISFACTION WITH THE SITE, MATERIALS, OR ANY LINKED SITE IS TO STOP USING THE SITE, MATERIALS OR LINKED SITE, AS APPLICABLE. THE SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE MAXIMUM LIABILITY TO COMPANY FOR ALL DAMAGES, LOSSES AND CAUSES OF ACTION, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, NEGLIGENCE) OR OTHERWISE, SHALL BE THE TOTAL AMOUNT PAID BY YOU, IF ANY, TO ACCESS THE SITE. Some states do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitation or exclusion may not apply to you.
- Indemnification. You agree to indemnify, defend and hold Company, our affiliates, licensors, suppliers, advertisers and sponsors, and our and their directors, officers, employees, consultants, agents and other representatives, harmless from and against any and all claims, damages, losses, costs (including reasonable attorneys’ fees) and other expenses that arise directly or indirectly out of or from (a) your breach of this Agreement, including any violation of the Code of Conduct, above; (b) any allegation that any Submissions or other materials you submit to us or transmit to the Services infringe or otherwise violate the copyright, trademark, trade secret or other intellectual property or other rights of any third party; and/or © your activities in connection with the Services.
- Questions. The Services is provided by Hospitality Marketing Consultants LLC. If you have any questions, comments or complaints regarding this Agreement or the Services, feel free to contact us at 1201 Dove Street, Suite 370, Newport Beach, CA 92660, USA, Tel: 949-833-8000 or email@example.com.
- Notice for California Users. Under California Civil Code Section 1789.3, California Services users are entitled to the following specific consumer rights notice: The Complaint Assistance Unit of the Division of Consumer Services of the California Department of Consumer Affairs may be contacted in writing at 400 R Street, Suite 1080, Sacramento, California 95814, or by telephone at (916) 445-1254 or (800) 952-5210.
- Miscellaneous. This Agreement is governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of California, United States of America, without regards to its principles of conflicts of law. You agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of any State or Federal court located in the County of Orange, United States of America, and waive any jurisdictional, venue or inconvenient forum objections to such courts. The courts in some countries will not apply California law to some types of disputes. If you reside in one of those countries, then where California law is excluded from applying, your country’s laws will apply to such disputes related to these terms. Otherwise, you agree that the laws of California, U.S.A., excluding California’s choice of law rules, will apply to any disputes arising out of or relating to these terms or the Services. Similarly, if the courts in your country will not permit you to consent to the jurisdiction and venue of the courts in Orange County, California, U.S.A., then your local jurisdiction and venue will apply to such disputes related to these terms. Otherwise, all claims arising out of or relating to these terms or the services will be litigated exclusively in the federal or state courts of Orange County, California, USA, and you and HMC consent to personal jurisdiction in those courts. If any provision of this Agreement is found to be unlawful, void or for any reason unenforceable, then that provision shall be deemed severable from this Agreement and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining provisions. This is the entire Agreement between us relating to the subject matter herein and supersedes any and all prior or contemporaneous written or oral Agreements between us with respect to such subject matter. This Agreement is not assignable, transferable or sublicenseable by you except with Company’s prior written consent. No waiver by either party of any breach or default hereunder shall be deemed to be a waiver of any preceding or subsequent breach or default. Any heading, caption or section title contained in this Agreement is inserted only as a matter of convenience and in no way defines or explains any section or provision hereof. If there is a conflict between these terms and the additional terms of a specific HMC Service, the additional terms will control for that conflict.